Monday, December 5, 2016

Elf Themed Christmas Centerpiece

Guest Post From Doris!

"HAVE YOUR "ELF" A MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS"
Oh what a fun theme this was to decorate with!!  Elves are just magical and so whimsical!!

For our centerpiece I just bought green containers at Dollar Tree.  I put a fake bottom in them so it wouldn't take so much popcorn to fill them up and supported the legs better.  I made the elf legs out of wrapping paper tubes covered with cute wrapping paper and just glued the elf shoes together and slipped on the end of the wrapping paper tubes.  Using red and green melted chocolate I drizzled the popcorn so it looked more festive.  I also added red and green accents for color.  For the belt I found it easiest to use stick on vinyl and cut the buckle out with my Cricut machine!   The centerpieces made a great doorprize.
The elf napkin holders were so cute and colorful on the table.  I am glad I had a Cricut machine to cut the buckles out with however!!  Thanks for the idea here: http://diytotry.com/20-easy-cheap-diy-christmas-crafts/2/

We used some cute elf stationary to put up some signs around the room.     The Free Printable is here: http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2014/11/free-printable-elf-on-shelf-letterhead.html

For their favor to take home we gave them a bag of "Elf Kisses".   There are a lot of cute printable for this on Pinterest!!

I loved how bright and happy the room looked as everyone entered from the cold and snowy day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment